|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Senior Technical Program Manager - Ground Systems
Join Project Kuiper! This is an initiative to build a high performance constellation of Low Earth Orbit satellites that will provide low-latency, high-speed broadband connectivity to unserved and underserved communities around the world.
In this role as Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be actively engaged in developing Kuiper's Ground systems. These systems provide mission critical communications with Kuiper satellites. Our systems include state of art tracking antennas, modems, and innovative supporting systems. You will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to develop, qualify, produce, and globally deploy innovative solutions and products enabling Kuiper's global network.
In this role, you will:
• Work with key stakeholders across the Ground Systems team to define strategy and requirements.
• Manage and refine product development plans and ensure alignment across the stakeholder team.
• Engage with industry leading suppliers to develop and produce ground systems products for deployment into our global ground networks.
• Manage tactical interactions with suppliers to ensure milestones, deliverables, and technical artifacts are technically compliant with project objectives and programmatic requirements.
• Work with stakeholder teams to integrate and deliver supporting hardware, software and services in sync with gateway development, integration, and test timelines.
• Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control.
• Create plans that have clear, measurable success criteria, and clearly communicate progress and outcomes.
• Relentlessly simplify and innovate to solve challenging project management problems.
• Drive best practices on the team, deal with ambiguity and competing objectives, and proactively identify and mitigate risks before they become roadblocks.
• Write effective narratives and present them concisely and effectively to senior management.
• Help teams reduce exposure to classic failure modes (e.g., requirements not sufficiently understood/documented, ineffective cross-team collaboration, long-term impact(s) from of the use of third-party technologies, APIs not protected/hardened, insufficient testing/gaps in QA).
Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
• 6 + years of experience in technical leadership roles; technical program management, systems architecture or system development.
• 4 + years of work experience in technical program/project management in the development of satellite communications systems and products.
• Bachelor's degree with a technical discipline or equivalent experience.
• Master's degree or advanced technical degree.
• Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
• Direct experience with satellite communications earth stations or network development, deployment, and operation.
• Excellent technical, problem-solving and communication skills
• LEO and/or MEO satellite systems experience.
• Knowledge of both software and hardware development process and lifecycle.
• Expertise with program management tools (Microsoft Project, Smartsheet, Confluence, JIRA).
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex software/hardware projects.
• Proven success of influencing and developing productive working relationships with resources and internal or external customers.
• Technical and business skills to understand, test, and challenge statements and assumptions working with respective technology owners.
• Ability to drive projects with many cross-dependencies between independent teams and deliver results that are coherent and broadly supported.
• Excellent cross-organizational verbal and written communication skills to provide status and manage expectations.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us