|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle family of products including e-readers and tablets.
The Mechanical Commodity Manager will lead the sourcing activities within our mechanical team. The Commodity Manager is responsible for creating, communicating and executing a sourcing strategy related to the respective commodity areas under management.
The Global Commodity Manager is responsible for owning the mechanical commodity. This person will partner with both the Advance Development team and the Global Commodity Program Manager to support all mechanical part programs.
• Develop a commodity technology roadmap aligning business requirements with supplier capabilities.
• Responsible for AVL for commodity, supplier selection, qualification and contract negotiation
• Ensure a competitive sourcing environment leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, service and technology.
• Work closely with Engineering to influence technical design decisions to meet customer expectations, technical capabilities, and business objectives.
• Work closely with Engineering to define standard and custom product requirements
• Interface with US MSM team, Planning, Marketing, Program Management to assess current and future sourcing requirements
• Responsible for quarterly executive business reviews of strategic sourcing plan that defines, among other things, market and business analysis, product roadmaps, supplier capabilities and annual / quarterly strategic business objectives
• Manage commodity spending and lead unit cost negotiation
• Responsible for ramping up readiness review with supplier and allocation/capacity planning
• Manage overall supplier relationships including supplier performance, capability development, cost and quality improvements
• Maintain personal knowledge of market trends including rigorous analysis of market drivers, cost structures, technical improvements and competitive landscape
• Periodic travel to supplier's manufacturing sites
• Support our OEM supplier initiatives including annual cost reductions, VMI/JIT, lead-time reductions, favorable payment terms, etc.
• Above 70% travel frequency
• 10 plus years' experience in high volume sourcing, manufacturing operations or engineering environment.
• Be familiar with Packaging, die cut, adhesive, molding
• Experience in mechanical related field is highly desirable
• 7 years direct experience in supplier / supply chain management, (not applicable for candidates who transfer from manufacturing or engineering)
• Strong Leadership skills and ability to assume leadership role with cross-functional peers
• Global supply chain experience managing cross functional teams in a fast pace consumer electronics product company
• Familiarity with world-class sourcing methods and tools.
• Extensive negotiation experience of large or multi-year supply agreements with global suppliers with a proven track record in cost reduction
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Fluent in English
• Exceptional ability to solve problems and coordinate with global team members
• Ability to be innovative in issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and the associated measurement systems
• Strong analytical skills (i.e. cost modeling, quotation analysis, supplier selection)
• A degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management or Engineering required. MBA degree preferred.
• CPM or CPSM preferred