|Category||Supply Chain/Transportation Management||Job type||Full Time|
Looking for a career at a company that seeks to be Earth's most customer- centric company? If so, meet Amazon.
Over the past 20 years, Amazon has reinvented on behalf of customers and has become the largest internet retailer and marketplace in the world. Through our entrepreneurial culture, Amazon has developed new technologies and products (like Echo) and, enterprise services (like Amazon Web Services).
NOC (Network Operation Center) is the central command and control center for 'Transportation Execution' across the Amazon's transportation network. It ensures hassle free, timely pick-up and delivery of freight from vendors to Amazon fulfillment centers (FC) and from Amazon FCs to carrier hubs. In case of any exceptions, NOC steps in to resolve the issue and keeps all the stakeholders informed on the proceedings. Along with this tactical problem solving, NOC is also charged with understanding trends in network exceptions and then automating processes or proposing process changes to streamline operations. This second aspect involves network monitoring and significant analysis of network data.
Overall, NOC plays a critical role in ensuring the smooth functioning of Amazon transportation and thereby has a direct impact on Amazon's ability to serve its customers on time.
Responsibilities of a NOC PM
We are looking for an experienced Program Manager to coordinate and lead efforts across operations, and program teams. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the business, drive efficiencies, optimizations and influence decision-making.
In this role, the Program manager will work with stakeholders from multiple partner team to manage last mile channel & improve channel performance. The Program Manager would be responsible to evolve the processes and mechanisms with the growing complexities in the network by working across multiple stakeholders like configuration and design teams. The individual will drive improvements to the reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to internal and external partners.
This position also manages the planning and execution of the team's goals, including segmentation of business goals, measurement of goal attainment, evolving and driving various improvements in Business to increase its effectiveness in driving results.
The successful candidate must have very strong analytical skills and expert in excel. Knowledge of SQL would be an added advantage. He/she will be passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets and the technical tools needed to work with them. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate of operations team to other stakeholders.. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex analytical results, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
5+ yrs work experience with at least 2 yrs of experience in Program/Operations/Logistics management
• Has a background in quantitative decision making, ability to drive business/operations metrics, and driving adoption of different tools and resources.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with the ability to create compelling positioning / messaging strategy and present complex information clearly and concisely
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously with minimal supervision.
• Strong analytical, mediation and problem resolution skills.
• Has managed critical operational processes, with end to end business responsibility.
• Demonstrated leadership with a bias towards action, supporting a culture of ownership and learning.
• Skilled in collaborative management environment, succeeding through regular meetings and clear formal and informal communication with members of the remote and local management teams.
Strong understanding of process improvement techniques
- Effective at engaging with stakeholders across multiple functions and ability to influence without authority.
- Superior analytical skills, including strong ability to identify and solve ambiguous problems.
- Understand and drive appropriate performance metrics.