|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Imagine being a part of a team where your ideas can help reshape the future of the Energy industry and improve the lives of many. Here at AWS, you'll work with a talented & inclusive team while using cutting-edge technologies to help our customers optimize legacy operations, drive operational sustainability, and support acceleration of global energy transition. Welcome to Amazon Web Services where you can have fun and make history.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated technologist who possess a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to build the future with us as a Solutions Architect supporting our Subsurface Solutions Suite for Oil & Gas. You possess an understanding of and experience work with/in the Geology & Geophysics workflows at an Oil & Gas operator. You will craft highly scalable, versatile, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address business problems and accelerate the adoption of AWS services. These solutions always keep the customer and their experience first.
In partnership with the Subsurface Solutions BD Leader, you will be playing a CTO role for the team - responsible for shaping and executing a strategy to build a solution suite enabling the broad use of AWS and its partners to drive innovation in the Subsurface domain for Oil & Gas. You will be responsible for taking specific project based architectures and creating more versatile cloud based architectures for wider applicability to other customers. You exercise good judgement in balancing short-term value with longer-term supportability and are keenly aware of how technological changes might impact your solutions. You are never constrained by the realities of today. You can see areas where AWS and our partners can innovate and work across organizations (both internal and external) to deliver new value to our customers.
You will adeptly interact, communicate and partner with other teams at AWS including engineering, marketing, business development, product designers and professional services, and represent your team to executive management. You possess a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
• 8+ years of design, implementation, consulting or product management experience relevant to distributed applications and development, infrastructure architecture, database architecture or networking supporting subsurface functions in Oil & Gas enterprises
• A technical degree in sciences, technology, physics, engineering or math required
• Demonstrated abilities to lead large organizations and deliver global architectures with significant local country complexities.
• Strength in design, customer experience solutions.
• Significant depth of experience in one or more of: cloud solutions, virtualization platforms, software development, operational management practices and frameworks, front-end/full-stack, customer experience and design centered development/architecture
• Understanding of security, risk and compliance frameworks, disaster recovery, high availability architectures, hardware, operating systems and networking connectivity
• Large-scale systems integration involving on-premises technology and public cloud platforms
• Cloud certifications or professional experience building cloud-native solutions
• Fluency in a high-level programming languages such as Python, JS or modern approaches to infrastructure-as-code
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across broad and diverse audiences of varying technical depth with specific strength in presentations and representation in industry or domain events