|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud ("cloud computing"). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services - gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with millions of customers in over 190 countries. Many of these customers seek help from AWS Professional Services in their journey to a cloud-based IT operating model.
Amazon Web Services Professional Services is seeking an experienced, self-directed Senior Business Operations Manager with strong operational, organizational, collaboration, and communication skills to support the strategic and analytical needs of the growing US team. This is a high business impact role for a candidate who is passionate about the operations of a business, helping ensure that the business can optimize its impact on behalf of customers because it is so operationally sound.
Up to 20% travel expected. Position will be based in Austin, Dallas, Chicago, Washington DC, or Seattle.
Trusted Advisor to Leadership
• Provide strategic guidance to Area Practice Leaders, bringing deep knowledge of business operations best practices.
• Provide data-driven insights on Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and standardized business metrics. Manage dashboards, regional reports and executive review documents, providing insights and partnership with our leaders to help look around the corner and plan for the future.
• Lead and review the end-to-end execution of annual planning process to include headcount, utilization, and goal planning.
• Develop and manage annual and multi-year meeting cadence to drive business planning for AWS Professional Services. Manage the preparation, agenda, and follow up actions to complete forward looking business plans. Anticipate the needs of your business and proactively develop new plans as needed.
• Establish baseline metrics/reports to support the development of new practices and goals, as necessary.
Engagement Lifecycle Management
• Opportunity pipeline analysis; work with Resource Management to forecast demand by specialty. Use data to predict where we need skills and capabilities and make appropriate hiring recommendations.
• Partner with Resource Management to drive business continuity, unblocking teams when required. Support Practice Managers and Resource Management in maximizing available capacity to staff customer engagements.
Business Management and Analytics
• Stakeholder management; act as a business partner to Professional Services leadership team and executives, providing insights to help shape the strategy of the business. Be comfortable with leading difficult conversations as needed, having backbone to respectfully challenge leaders in order to ensure they are doing what is best for the business and its people.
• Provide support to diverse and geographically dispersed team of Professional Services Consultants acting as the face of the business from new hire onboarding through the course of the Consultant's career, providing general guidance and fielding questions about time entry and other compliance metrics and KPIs.
• Act as point of contact and subject matter expert on the business, providing guidance and serving as a secondary escalation point.
• Business planning; establish business rhythm and cadence, leading meetings through deliverables, outcomes and actions. Own agenda development and track follow-up actions and influence leaders to complete forward looking business plans.
• Analytics; establish baseline metrics and analytics, collaborate with leadership team to track and report all key performance indicators against annual, quarterly and monthly goals. Establish and maintain management dashboards, regional reports, and executive review documents that will drive business outcomes and strive for operational excellence.
• Program Management; cross collaborate with technical and non-technical departments to drive innovation in processes and tools.
• 10+ years of experience working in Professional Services organization or other consulting industry.
• Experience using Salesforce.com or comparable CRM.
• Experience using Professional Services Automation or equivalent, extracting and analyzing data. e.g. FinancialForce, OpenAir, ChangePoint.
• 10+ years of strong Excel experience and the ability to conduct analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations (Pivot Tables, Vlookups.)
• Demonstrated ability to develop business analytics that help a professional services organization operate smoothly, with views that will meet the needs of other business partners (Finance, Sales Operations, Tax, etc.)
• Experience preparing and leading state of the business documents and presentations.
• Demonstrated experience proactively recognizing a challenge or problem and working with a variety of teams and data sources to diagnose the problem and recommend solutions.
• Masters Degree
• Proven experience optimizing processes for a professional services business.
• Advanced Excel skills (VBA & Macros, Power Query, Advanced Charting.)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.