|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Would you like to help innovate and deliver breakthrough community impact programming? Are you passionate about corporate social responsibility, total societal impact, and purposeful work that has meaningful impact on communities and those in need? Do you get excited about using human-centered design and design thinking to develop strategic, network-wide, impact programs and execute roadmaps for work that is critical to our continued ability to create measureable results in local communities? The Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Community Operations (CommOps) team is charged with defining a network plan for ensuring our AMZL operations deliver a positive net impact in the communities where we operate today and in the future. We must drive a shift in community engagement being a separate activity and scale core programs to drive a positive impact in our communities. If you want to join a fast-paced, innovative team that is critical to our long term expansion plans, this is the place for you.
We're growing the CommOps central team to develop core and common network-wide programs. As a Sr. Program Manager, Community Impact, you will play a key role in shaping our network strategy to demonstrate AMZL's willingness to invest where we operate. You will evaluate AMZL's economic, social, and environmental impact (both positive and negative) on local communities. Then, you will work closely with CommOps regional teams, internal organizations, and key cross-functional partners to develop global programs for all AMZL sites to leverage in order to drive hyper-local impact and demonstrate that we are good neighbors.
In this role you will:
• Define a community impact strategy and develop a set of core community (social, environmental, and/or economic) impact programs that align with AMZL's values/mission.
• Establish and nurture deep, high-trust internal partnerships across Amazon business teams to understand their objectives and develop strategy on how best to partner with them.
• Define an experimentation/incubation strategy and program through partnership with CommOps regional teams to activate, enable, and scale pilots.
• Develop, liaise, and manage the execution of community impact programs in existing and expanding locations.
• Establish and nurture deep, high-trust relationships with multi-state non-profit organizations to understand their objectives and develop strategy on how best to partner with them.
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of experience in program or project management
• Global experience
• Passion for the causes of community engagement, corporate social responsibility, and total societal impact
• Certified in Design Thinking or Human-Centered Design
• A proven track record of developing highly-impactful, large-scale programs that deliver positive community impact
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.