|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
Are you obsessed with building experiences that delight customers? Do you love Books? Help invent the future of Books in Japan as the Senior Product Manager leading shopping and reading innovation through the customer insights you derive.
Amazon Books is looking for a seasoned professional who will define and own lifecycle marketing and execution with a view to driving customer interaction and productivity. This role will be responsible for developing our customer insight strategy, and defining our customer acquisition and engagement programs by leveraging advanced data and analytics, and through enhanced testing mechanisms. The right candidate will thrive in ambiguous situations and love to build things from the ground up. You should love marketing but be biased towards building programs based on analytics; you are innovative, creative and excited about implementing acquisition and engagement initiatives for Book readers.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to think strategically about Japan books customers and to put those strategies into motion. You will shape, invent, and bring new experiences and marketing initiatives to market for our customers, working cross-functionally to drive ideas from conception to execution. This is a high-visibility role reporting directly into the Head of Demand with big scope for creativity and ownership.
The successful candidate will:
• Develop a deep understanding of customer needs and perceptions, and help to define areas of focus through measuring performance, reporting outcomes, and improving on campaigns and programs
• Partner with marketing and data science teams to develop specific customer acquisition and engagement strategies by customer and lifecycle cohorts
• Lead the creation and definition of innovative customer experience concepts with the extended team of business and product managers
• Deliver product business requirements documents and ensure clear communication and coordination of requirements to the business, design and development teams. Requirements should be based on intimate knowledge of the product, space, existing data analysis, current customers and non-customers (prospects and competitors)
• Drive workstreams that analyze the business need, develop campaigns, and help define the go-to-market and ongoing demand strategy to drive the Japan books business and establish the right metrics to measure the impact
• Work cross-functionally to ensure consistent and impactful messaging across all channels to attract new customers and drive engagement with existing customers
• Bachelor's degree; 7+ years experience in building and scaling customer acquisition, engagement and growth lifecycle/CRM programs that innovate on behalf of the customer; Bachel
• Demonstrated ability to set business and marketing goals, to prioritize features, channels and initiatives, and to organize the roadmap
• Experience in analyzing and synthesizing large amounts of channel data, market trends and consumer segments, and drawing recommendations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner
• Able to think creatively, deal with ambiguity, and make things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
• MBA from a top tier school
• A strong track record of project delivery for large, cross-functional, projects
• Japanese language preferred, not required
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• General manager/owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, proven ability to influence others
• Interest in technology, and technology enabled features and services
• Unrelenting tenacity