|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented and driven people. Amazon Web Services (AWS), a global leader in cloud computing, enables customers of all sizes and industries to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing infrastructure. Today, AWS is growing rapidly with over a million companies across 190+ countries on the platform.
Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL) is the local seller of AWS Cloud in India. For people who like to invent, there's no better place to build than in AISPL. We have a strong culture of making data-driven decisions, requiring timely, accurate, and actionable intelligence that drive significant business value. We are looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who is passionate about using data to help us measure every area of the business and influence decision-making. It is as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
About the Role
The Strategy & Operations team develop and executes the India strategy, continuously evolve forecasting models, analyze historic results, and make business recommendations to AISPL's senior management based on those analyses - all in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. The Strategy & Operations Manager will work with the team at AISPL to develop, implement, and manage business processes, systems, reports, and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals and initiatives. He/she will partner with the AISPL business development team to deeply understand how well we serve our customers, think strategically about the business direction, and lead projects to create business value, aligning multiple stakeholders.
The Strategy & Operations Manager at AISPL will drive improvements in reporting tools, methods, and processes utilized by the team to increase the availability and granularity of actionable data to internal and external stakeholders. This position also manages the administration and execution of the goals, which includes the segmentation of business goals and measurement of goal attainment. He/she will also drive reviews of strategic opportunities and propose improvements to increase business efficiency and effectiveness in achieving desired results for AISPL.
Who are we looking for?
The successful candidate must be able to roll-up his/her sleeves and work directly with the models and data. He/she is passionate about their work, detail-oriented, analytical, and have excellent problem-solving abilities. He/she is experienced in working with large data sets and technical/analytical tools. The ideal candidate has superb written and verbal communication and customer-relationship skills, and is a passionate advocate for our customers. He/she can collaborate actively with leadership teams at AISPL in functions such as Data Warehouse/ Business Intelligence, Business Development, Finance, Marketing, Recruiting, and Compensation to effectively execute responsibilities. He/she can create simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and is able to communicate complex analytical results in a concise and easy-to-understand manner.
• Collaborate on the design, development, maintenance, and delivery/presentation of forecasting models, metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions for AISPL in India
• Drive the annual goals, budgeting and ongoing forecasting processes for AISPL in India
• Lead the development and provision of routine and ad-hoc analytic reports to AISPL's senior management regarding Business Development initiatives, partner segment performance, performance against goals, etc.
• Ensure reports contribute to business insight and decision-making, and minimize overall report burden
• Strategic planning, translation of the strategic plan into the annual plan and hands-on execution of specific projects
• Scale services and tools - design processes and procedures that scale with the business' growth in volume, complexity, and global geographic dispersion.
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Computer Science, or related field
• At least 6 years' experience in a senior leadership role in Business Finance, Business Operations or other related fields
• Proven experience with the development and implementation of systems/tool utilized for CRM, variable compensation, revenue reporting, forecasting, etc.
• Expert level in Excel, Data query tools and visualization tools
• Strong business-process design experience
• Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
• Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization
• Able to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
• Experience working in Strategy, Operations and Business Finance within a high-growth company is a plus
• MBA or other relevant advanced degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.