|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking to hire highly motivated Network Development Engineers for our Network Operations team to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to and scale our network as we expand.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of technical leadership and success in driving complex issues to resolution. The successful candidate will demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of network engineering, concepts and theory. They will have experience managing proactive engineering, network optimization and operational network support for a large-scale service provider or enterprise environment. The successful candidate will be expected to provide high quality network event management for Amazon's worldwide network. As a technical leader, will manage complex stakeholder relationships, both technical and management. An interest for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is essential!
• Provide critical on-shift network operations support to Amazon.com customers to diagnose and respond to large-scale events
• Contribute to operational on-call rotating roster
• Support and maintain our next generation networks
• Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
• Partner with our broader Technical Operations organization to reduce operational burden
• Work closely with our Network Engineering & Deployment teams to ensure operational readiness for new deployments
• Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies
• Participate and drive impact mitigation during large-scale events utilizing an established Event Management process
• Drive event deep dives for large-scale events, deliver high-quality documentation for the events and drive corrective actions to completion
• Improve our detection mechanisms by designing and implementing new alerts.
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues.
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
• Troubleshoot interconnectivity issues, including troubleshooting of network device configuration and low level application interaction
• Identify and drive opportunities to repeatable tasks through creation and maintenance of scripts and tools
• Effectively contribute towards hiring and developing others in the team.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technology related field
• 5+ years experience in related field
• Experience with one or more of the following internet protocols - BGP, MPLS, ISIS, OSPF
• Experience with network operating systems such as Cisco IOS and Junos.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Experience in one or more of following scripting languages - Python/Bash/Perl/Shell
• Experience of network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills; specifically, network performance analysis
• Experience working with customers to diagnose a problem, and work toward resolution
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.