|Category||Design||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Music is driving the future of music, audio, and the creator community. From one service, we're delivering versatile ways to listen to the world's music catalog (75MM+ songs,) along with the world's best podcasts (millions of episodes, including exclusives from Wondery and beyond.) We're also driving diverse ways to watch and engage with the artists in the music and audio community - through music videos, livestreams, merchandise, and so much more. We're available across voice, mobile, web/desktop, tablet, and TV devices, along with integrations across 3P speakers, TV devices, wearables, and cars (through Apple Car Play, Android Auto, direct manufacturer integrations.)
We are looking for a leader who's driven to invent the future, while working through and building an ever-more efficient and high-quality global team of cross-functional product design, marketing and subscription design, and editorial designer experts (along with top-notch specialists in Front-End Engineering, Design Ops, Research & Insights, copywriting, motion design, and sound design.) This leader must demonstrate a powerful combination of strong analytical skills, a high-bar for world-class experiences, an ability to collaborate across teams, and a relentless determination to do what is right for all Amazon customers and creators.
This role serves as the top strategic design leader for Amazon Music worldwide. You and your team - covering Product Design, Brand Design, Research & Beta, and Creative Studio -- will be the holistic glue across the business and will set the vision and deliver bar-raising audio experiences that delight Amazon customers across the globe. You will influence across multiple partner teams, including Consumer Product, Marketing & Growth, Industry Relations, and Special Projects, and cross-functional leaders from Engineering, Product Management, Marketing, Artist & Label Relations, and Editorial & Programming job functions. You will be a key Executive, aligning strategic goals and driving mechanisms to connect those teams' work into a single, holistic, end-to-end experience for our customers.
• 15+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, product designer or similar role designing mobile, web, and/or other applications.
• 10+ years of experience successfully leading and managing large multi-disciplinary design teams as a manager of managers.
• An online portfolio or case study presentation of work demonstrating experience creating inventive mobile, desktop design work across desktop and mobile devices.
• An online portfolio or case study presentation of work demonstrating experience crafting the evolution and growth of your teams.
• Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills.
• Proven experience with rapid, iterative research, design and development processes.
• Proven track record presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to engineering leaders to senior executive management.
• Experience presenting to and effectively advising senior leaders outside of Design.
• Experience leading projects with a collaborative multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers, front end engineers, writers, product managers, program managers, and software developers.
• Experience hiring a diverse range of people and job roles (Product Design, Visual Design, Design Ops/Program Management, Research, Front End Engineering, etc) to grow and develop the team's capabilities and ability to handle a range of design.
• Fluency in best practices for multi-platform research, product and content design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
• Bachelor's, or equivalent degree, in Product Design, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or related field or equivalent professional experience within the design field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Also, pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
• Design operations (Design Ops) experience scaling and growing organizational design through mechanisms, tools, planning, and prioritization.
• Strong bias for action, including the ability to juggle multiple priorities and effectively deliver in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to context and altitude switch - weigh in on strategic debates, then shift quickly into rolling up your sleeves -- ensure work always meets business, product, and customer expectations.
• Passion for the role of design within an organization and the ability to hire, develop and mentor design talent.
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, user interviews, contextual inquiry) and using it to make successful decisions.
• Experience design for constantly evolving fields - experience with and curiosity about voice design, auto design, social design, and start-up design best practices.
• Master's, PhD, or equivalent professional experience demonstrating a level of subject matter expertise in the field.