|Category||Design||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) works to enable our customers to harness the power of the cloud, from Netflix to your next-door neighbor. We are a growing team of innovators, disruptors and problem solvers. We routinely design services that were not possible just a year ago. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges, and make tools that builders will use to create the great products of tomorrow, join our team.
We are looking for a Design Manager for our Analytics services with a passion to solve complex design challenges and help a talented team create experiences used by millions of users.
Our Analytics Services are mission critical for companies like Intuit, Expedia, PrimeVideo, Autodesk and many others. You will be shaping the cutting edge of technology innovation and make this easy to use. You will work collaboratively throughout the strategy, design, and development lifecycle with leaders from design, engineering, product management, and executives.
• Create the vision for developing, communicating, and implementing the user experience design for multiple products across platforms; follow through with the processes and tactics to implement the vision
• Lead a team of talented product designers to create useful, usable, and desirable products in a team environment
• Guide teams to understand customers and their needs through market analysis, customer research, and feedback.
• Coach a team of product designers to use business requirements to assist in developing use cases and high-level requirements
• Help the design team with planning, prioritizing, and overseeing initiatives; manage projects; ensure that all designs are executed on time and at the highest quality levels; manage and scope team initiatives, set priorities, and direct the team to ensure timely delivery
• Collaborate with senior leaders from Product Management and Engineering to define the product vision. Present work to the AWS executive team for review and feedback
Things that are important to us:
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn't about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it's about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/internal/disability/us.
• 5+ years of managing design teams of 10+, manager performance of direct reports and project deliverables across a portfolio of multiple products
• 8+ years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
• 5+ years of experience working in direct collaboration with product managers, developers, and stakeholders for implementation of designs
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of design deliverables is required to apply for this role
• Bachelor's degree in HCI, design or commensurate experience
• Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and application design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Demonstrated ability to influence and lead projects from concept to delivery and ongoing improvement
• Strong verbal communication and presentation skills for presentations with senior leadership
• Proven experience implementing interface patterns for mobile/web products and developing design systems to serve a broader ecosystem of products
• Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research) and guiding direct reports to do the same
• Experience with UX design for complex workflows for technical customers
• Experience in ownership of projects and communicating timelines and executing independently
• Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status,
disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an
accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.