|Category||Business & Merchant Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is leading the adoption of cloud technologies in Oil & Gas operations. AWS Energy is supporting its Oil & Gas customers to leverage cloud technologies enabling operational optimization, with minimal environmental impact and striving for a perfect safety record. The ecosystem of technology, innovation services available to customers is incredibly complex to consume and AWS Energy aims to simplify this to support scalable and economic innovation. AWS Energy is looking for an entrepreneurial Senior Technical Product Manager with a strong background in Oil & Gas Upstream Production Operations to scope, develop and scale a new cloud enabled product suite that addresses our customers' largest operational challenges.
This leader will be a creative problem solver who is comfortable working in a fast-paced, high-energy environment. They will be responsible for creating the product strategy, vision and will own product features, roadmaps and go-to-market planning. This role is inherently cross-functional - In addition to working backwards from the customer need, this leader will collaborate with solutions architects, service teams, software partners, and go-to-market teams to define, articulate, and implement new product features to grow new business opportunities will be required. This leader will proactively identify and resolve strategic issues and schedule resources to deliver their program. Other key responsibilities include product deployments, assessing quality and service levels that maintain the integrity and utility of the product. AWS is looking for a world class professional who in addition to their knowledge of Oil & Gas Upstream Production Operations, will have a versatile understanding of various digital and mechanical technologies to create truly customer centric products that address rapidly changing customer needs.
We are looking for candidates who thrive in a fast paced start-up like environment and want to invent the future.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Being the Subject Matter Expert in Oil & Gas production operations to guide various technical teams in building successful products
• Interact with key internal and external business and technical stakeholders to identify, define, scope and develop customer centric products
• Interface with customers and partners to identify opportunities to innovate and improve product capabilities
• Work with early-adopters and visionary customers to invent the next set of repeatable customer-centric solutions
• Bring an eye for user experience and design to ensure product features drive high adoption and customer delight
• Being forward looking to anticipate the next areas of potential disruption using AWS and partner offerings to drive customer innovation
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Technology Or related discipline
• 7+ years of data-driven strategic and technical work/services experience in Oil & Gas Upstream Production Operations
• 4+ Years of building/owning/managing a suite of technical products
• 2+ Years of Consulting, Professional Services or Commercial background
• Quantitative background with high attention to detail.
• Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and constraints simultaneously
• Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
• Excellent analytical abilities and oral/written communication skills.
• Experience working cross-functionally with designers, engineers, technology architects and business leaders to generate buy in for the product direction you are setting.
• Experience in developing, delivering and executing on a compelling product vision and roadmap.
• Experience across a variety of Oil & Gas assets & geographies globally
• Owner mentality and an entrepreneurial drive, scrappiness and proven ability to influence others.
• Experience taking a new disruptive products from concept to launch
• Prior Entrepreneurial experience is highly desired
• Working knowledge of software development practices & cloud technology integrations highly desired
• MBA Preferred but not necessary
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.