|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
We're reinventing the new hire experience at Amazon. Would you like to join us?
Our team owns Embark - a tool that is Amazon's one-stop-shop for all things on-boarding. We're looking for a talented Software Development Engineer who's excited to help us improve the new hire experience at Amazon.
Our team has a highly collaborative, fast moving, and fun culture. As a member of the team, you will be responsible for leading the development and launch of a variety of core product features, designing the system architecture, and promoting code quality and best practices.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience, takes pride in building high quality software, and has a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering new features and products. They value collaboration, making data-driven decisions, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• 3+ years experience building successful production software systems.
• Bachelors Degree in CS or related field, or equivalent experience.
• Familiar with web standards and protocols such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP, and socket APIs in general.
• An understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Effective communication skills.
• Experience in full stack development.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us