|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Imagine being a part of an agile team where your ideas have the potential to reach millions. Picture working on cutting-edge consumer-facing products, where every single team member is a critical voice in the decision-making process. Envision being able to leverage the resources of a Fortune-500 company within the atmosphere of a start-up. Welcome to Amazon Music, where ideas are born and come to life as Amazon Music Unlimited, Prime Music, and so much more.
Everyone on our team has a meaningful impact on product features, new directions in music streaming, and customer engagement. We are looking for new team members in software engineering/development. Come join us as we make history by launching exciting new projects in the coming year.
Our team is focused on building a personalized, curated, and natural experience using conversations. We help our customers find music that suits their mood at the moment, discover up-and-coming artists, while also having access to their favorite established musicians and genres. We build systems that are distributed on a large scale powered by Alexa to support our customer base. Amazon Music offerings are available in countries around the world and our applications support our mission of delivering music to customers in new and exciting ways that enhance their day-to-day lives.
You're an experienced backend or full stack software engineer looking for a career where you'll be able to have impact on millions of customers. You love working on projects that require innovative and creative thinking, deep technical problem solving, and the opportunity to lead and mentor other engineers. You have a passion for design and architecture. You challenge yourself and others to constantly come up with better solutions. You're a thought leader - but you don't just know how to solve the problem - you prove it by building the solution. We have high technical standards and strive to achieve new engineering excellence. You drive coding, testing, and operational excellence best practices.
Come innovate with the Amazon Music team!
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 3+ years of relevant engineering experience and coding in Python
• Experience with back-end distributed systems
• Experience with machine learning, data engineering, and/or statistical analysis tools
• Knowledge of AWS stack, NLU basics
• At ease working in both a research and production environment
• Passion for music
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.