|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Want to disrupt an industry by delighting customers? Looking for a job where your work can have direct and massive impact? Excited to join one of the newest and most exciting AWS services? Come be a leader on a team that is building a product that will touch millions of people daily.
Amazon Connect is a highly disruptive cloud-based contact center that enables businesses to deliver engaging, dynamic, and personal customer service experiences. With Amazon Connect, you can create your own cloud-based contact center and be taking calls in minutes. Amazon Connect leverages the large ecosystem of AWS services to provide a truly frustration free, easy-to-use, extensible, and natural customer experience. With this technology, we are transforming an industry and the way customers interact with businesses and how agents service them.
We have a rapidly growing customer base and an exciting charter in front of us that includes solving highly complex engineering and algorithmic problems. We are looking for passionate, talented, and experienced Software Engineers to join us to innovate on behalf of the customers. The position represents a rare opportunity to be a part of a fast-growing business, and help shape the technology and product as we grow. You will be playing a crucial role in developing the next generation contact center, and get the opportunity to design and deliver scalable, resilient systems while maintaining a constant customer focus.
As a software developer on our team, you will:
• Design, Build and Operate secure, resilient, reliable and highly available mission critical services.
• Will lead our push to meet an unreasonably high quality bar, almost indistinguishable from being perfect.
• Work with a team of world-class engineers and product managers to solve problems on behalf of the customer.
• Influence strategy and roadmap for our team owned services through your technical and non-technical insights
• Mentor junior team members in their career growth
What is in it for you?
• Team culture: You'll be joining a fun team that prides itself on a great work environment with an inclusive group of people that loves working together towards a common goal.
• Impact: Work on a service that will be used, directly and indirectly, by millions of customers and has a meaningful impact to their functions and interactions.
• Gratification: You will know you are directly responsible for solving real customer problems.
• Critical and Fast: This is a strategic new business for AWS, and we are moving fast, really fast.
• Ownership: You will quickly become responsible for key components of the service, and drive what and how to build them.
• Learn & Grow: If want to learn and grow with challenges of a designing and building a large-scale fault tolerant systems - this is an opportunity of a life time.
• Innovate: We learn from our customers and invent every day on their behalf.
• Make history: AWS is the leader in a current industry wide revolution, and specifically at Amazon Connect, we are changing the way customers think about contact centers.
• Have fun: Surround yourself with a highly talented pool of engineers that like to solve complex problems, but also work in a fun and autonomous environment.
Learn more about Amazon Connect here:
Media coverage on Amazon Connect:
Power of Amazon Connect:
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field or related years of experience.
• 5+ years experience building successful production software systems.
• The ability to take raw product requirements and develop software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
• Experience leveraging object oriented design practices in Java or C++ or .Net.
• Experience in building large-scale, distributed systems and related architectures.
• Experience in Web Application client-side development (React and Redux preferred).
• Knowledge of AWS infrastructure technologies.
• Understanding of client/server security models in the enterprise
• A strong understanding of excellent API design patterns for customer-facing software.
• Proven track record of ownership in designing, developing, and operating software at scale.
• Top-notch communication skills with technical and non-technical staff.
• A thirst for knowledge and continuous improvement
• Demonstrated ability to ship product to customers.
• Team Player.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.