|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
Software Engineer - Amazon International Seller Services
Do you want to define the future of Internet commerce?
Are you a top-notch software engineer with a creative flare, strong problem-solving skills, the drive to build and ship products often, a solid computer science foundation, and the desire to build Amazon's next generation Internet-facing technology? Come talk with us about joining our team to expand Internet commerce.
Is your next project defining a world class Internet service?
With us, you will be building cutting-edge applications and services in an environment of highly distributed systems used by millions of sellers and even more millions of retail customers. Your innovation could provide new functionality for sellers, expand mobile device usage for retail customers, deploy new web standards, or expand Amazon's web services with the goal of making it as easy for anyone to sell on Amazon as it is to buy from Amazon.
Are you ready to create systems to expand one of the world's largest ecommerce engines?
If so, come be a member of Amazon's Marketplace team. Our software engineers design and build world-class software solutions for millions of sellers from around the globe to sell on Amazon. Your work will be powering the Amazon online marketplaces in many countries and continents.
Can you work at the scale of the biggest Internet companies?
The solutions that you will deploy must scale to accommodate rapid processing and integration with large enterprise customers. However, to add to the challenge, the solutions must also support intuitive world class UI for your neighbor to sell extra books, video games, photography equipment, and the largest selection of possible products that can be found anywhere.
Bought something on Amazon lately?
Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon with about one-third of all items currently sold originating from marketplace sellers. Have you ever noticed the \"See more buying choices\" or \"New & Used offers\" while you are shopping on Amazon? Maybe you've sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. The Marketplace team owns services that enable that functionality and more. Amazon is a premier place to build, deploy and operate Internet-scale
Join our development team to work hard, have fun and make history. You will join a highly technical and entrepreneurial culture defining and building a selling experience to complement Amazon's world-class websites.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or in a relevant Engineering discipline
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Solid understanding of Object-Oriented design and concepts
- Proficiency in at least one modern object-oriented programming language such as C, C++, C# or Java
- Innovative and creative with Web technologies to build high performing websites and web services.
- Self-directed and capable of working effectively in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience in Agile practices and methodologies such as Test Driven Development and Scrum
- Passion for building scalable, global, complex systems to solve problems with proven ability to deliver high quality software
- Fluency in C/C++ or Java
- Familiarity with Ruby, Perl, XML/XSLT, SOAP, SQL, Oracle/Berkeley databases, caching technologies, web protocols, Web services technologies
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Experience in any of the following will be beneficial
-- Cloud-based deployment and operation
-- Service-oriented architectures
-- Common Enterprise Integration Patterns