|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
Transportation Carrier Integration Team (CIT) is looking for passionate and result oriented manager to lead a two pizza team of software programmer analysts.
Who are we?
Amazon businesses continue to experience a rapid expansion into new markets and geographies. In order to continue to delight customers around the world, Amazon needs to efficiently integrate with hundreds of external providers of all sizes to achieve the lowest fulfillment costs that ultimately transform into lower prices for customers. Our Transportation Technology division builds the complex software solutions that work across our shippers and carriers to optimize both time & cost of getting the packages delivered. We also integrate with external service provider systems to extend our transportation network and operations.
What will you do?
As a leader, you will implement the charter and vision for your team. You will prioritize your team's projects and deliver the goals while measuring appropriate metrics to monitor team performance. As a manager, you will identify and drive process improvements while working with multiple teams with-in and outside your organization. You will interface with business, operations and tech teams within and outside transportation organization. You will influence the technical vision and automation roadmap for your team. You will own hiring, performance management, goal setting and mentoring for your team.
To accomplish this, you are expected to be proficient in programming, scripting and querying skills as well as basic object oriented analysis and design. You are considered knowledgeable in the key areas by your team and are able to provide assistance and leadership to your team. You are expected to analyze scope work requests, create estimates and effectively work with stakeholders on prioritization decisions as well as progress updates. You will own the planning of your team's work and constantly improve your team's practices.
A successful candidate will be a fast learner with an established background in leading teams, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic fast paced environment.
• 5-to-7+ years of development or technical support experience
• 2-to-3+ years of experience in managing teams
• Strong object oriented design and development knowledge in Java/C++ preferably on Linux/Unix operating system
• 2+ years of experience with RDBMS, XML preferably on Linux/Unix systems
• Exceptional and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
• Exceptional project planning and management skills
• Proven ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
• Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering
• Experience in working with distributed systems
• Experience in working on workflow management systems
• Extensive people management experience