|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
Alexa is the name of the Amazon cloud-based voice service that powers the Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Show and more. Just ask Alexa for information, music, news, weather, and more. And now you can send a message, make a call, play announcements, or drop in on your closest friends & family via Alexa devices or the Alexa app!
It's still Day One for the Alexa Communications team - we have a lot to innovate and build to make communication through Alexa devices a magical experience. We're working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us! The Alexa communications team is working to become the most natural way for people to communicate, and the challenge ahead is significant. We're a high energy, fast growth business excited to have the opportunity to define the future of voice-controlled communications, make Alexa even more useful, and delight customers around the world.
We are seeking talented Software Development Engineers to join our Comms Media teams. These teams provide the mechanisms and services that allow our Customers to connect and communicate with each other around the world. In this role you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about an opportunity to build elegant systems in the most efficient ways, pushing the limits of current technology and challenging the status quo.
Key responsibilities include:
• Contribute to developing and launching core product features
• Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
• Create world class software and Alexa experiences
• Interact with cross-functional engineering teams across the company
• Dive into and take ownership of mission critical software puzzles
• Participate in design reviews
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
• 1.5+ years of industry experience, building scalable infrastructure software or distributed systems for commercial online services
• Experience developing object-oriented software, with deep experience in one or more relevant languages (Typescript, Java, or C++)
• Experience with or knowledge of Commuications/Media protocols and standards such as WebRTC, SDP, RTP, and SIP.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience with EC2, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB and S3