|Category||Software Development||Job type||Full Time|
The digital revolution is changing everything. This disruption is occurring everywhere, fueled by a rapidly growing technology stack that will impact virtually any industry, from consumer products, retail and healthcare to highly complex industrial engineering like automotive and aerospace. AWS is uniquely positioned to help our customers build the agility required to compete in these evolving marketplaces.
Core to Amazon's innovation DNA is its methodology around executing experiments and prototypes to find the quickest and cheapest way to prove new ideas, technologies and business models in a real-world environment. Our Digital Innovation program is designed to help our customers leverage this new way of working to deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi- functional teams and lightweight development concepts like micro services on the cloud.
The role of the Digital Innovation Engineering Lead - APAC will apply these methods to assemble and deliver solutions for the world's leading clients. Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly challenge the norm and looking for better solutions? Do you have a Lean startup mentality with a good imagination and startup commercial acumen? Are you passionate about technology, understand digital architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Have you built a reputation for innovation and driving projects across the lifecycle to completion? Do you like to creatively solve business problems? Do you naturally build strong relationships with colleagues and work collaboratively to bring solutions to the market?
Amazon is seeking an outstanding Technical Manager to join the AWS Solutions Architecture team to support our rapidly growing and dynamic business. As part of an agile digital development team you will support AWS customers to develop prototypes specific to their articulated strategic vision for new products and services. So, if you are someone who innovates, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team! You will be managing a prototyping team of cross functional designers and developers supporting AWS customers to build rapid MVP experiments adapted to their specific, innovation focused, use cases. The job is based in Sydney and will cover the APAC region, with significant traveling to customer sites
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 2+ years people management experience
• Experience with OOD and object oriented languages
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time
• Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions