|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Security team is looking for a Senior Security Engineer to help ensure our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. Each day, hundreds of thousands of developers make billions of transactions worldwide on our cloud. They harness the power of AWS to enable innovative applications, websites, and businesses. The AWS Security team owns security for all of these services offered by AWS, including EC2, S3, Lambda, and more than 150 others. Our Application Security team works with builders across AWS to ensure that AWS products are secure. We dive deep into security technologies such as new authentication systems, hardware security components, cryptography, system hardening, and massive-scale audit analysis.
You will join a team developing tools that use cutting-edge techniques to automatically find security problems in AWS software. You will take the lead in using this technology to drive security improvements in AWS systems.
In this team, we help AWS developers build security into their systems, and we help AWS Security personnel verify that systems are secure. Our tools target all types of AWS systems in a range of domains including web services, IoT, robotics, hypervisors, and cryptography. We must handle the wide range of languages and technologies in use in AWS. Our systems must be scalable to support a large and growing developer population that is innovating quickly.
• Identify the most pressing security problems that are amenable to automatic detection. Work with your team to implement new detection techniques and tools.
• Ensure that detected security issues are treated with a level of urgency that reflects their true risk.
• Investigate security issues and identify opportunities for detecting or preventing similar issues with automation.
• Provide guidance to the AWS community on secure coding and development practices.
• Work with developers to ensure that the automatic detection of security issues fits with overall development practices.
• Identify and drive new initiatives to expand automatic security analysis to find the critical problems of today and the future.
You will work with limited guidance in the face of ambiguity. You will take a long-term view of your team's processes and software. You will work backwards from the needs of AWS customers to identify the right goals for your team. You will accomplish those goals by leveraging your team's skills and technology, and by influencing the teams around you.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we are not focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we are happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
• 6+ years' experience in software security.
• Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or similar field or equivalent work experience.
• Passion for Internet security issues and the threat landscape for popular software and services.
• Solid understanding of source code, what vulnerable code looks like, and how to fix it.
• Knowledge of programming languages (including syntax, semantics, compilers, type checking, virtual machines), especially in a security context.
• Experience developing static analysis or dynamic analysis tools to find bugs in software.
• Experience developing security scanning systems that find security issues in large source code repositories or fleets of servers.
• Understanding of web application security issues like XSS, CSRF, and SSRF.
• Experience driving security improvements in a large organization.
• A data-driven and quantitative mentality; an ability to support ideas with evidence.
• Experience with agile development, DevOps, or similar methodologies for CI/CD and the common software that enable them.
• Experience with AWS or similar enterprise cloud computing platforms.
• Experience with full-stack (Linux / Unix) software architectures from UI to infrastructure.
• Experience with reverse engineering or vulnerability research.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.\\
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Please reach out to AWS Recruiter, Courtney Schumm (@schummc) for more information.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age