|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Whole Foods Market is synonymous with impeccable standards and the highest quality products available. Our Information Technology Team is looking for a Senior Security Architect to join the Information Security Team.
This team owns the end-to-end security of all systems and data across Whole Foods Market. You should be highly passionate about security. cloud computing and working in a high performing security team. You need to have a track record of working with high-quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift quickly. We operate on a very large scale and demands high standards, so a passion and discipline around security and delivery is critical. If you enjoy analyzing the security of systems that span from hardware to cloud services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new scenarios, this position will provide you with a great opportunity. You will tackle challenging situations every day and, given the size of this initiative, you will have the opportunity to work with multiple technical teams across Whole Foods Market and Amazon. You should be comfortable with a high degree of ambiguity and relish the idea of solving problems. Along the way, we guarantee that you will learn a ton, have fun and make a positive impact on many customers. A high level of ownership and accountability is a must.
This position will be based with the Global Technology Team in Austin, TX.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
• BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience
• 8 + years of experience in identifying security issues and risks, and developing mitigation plans
• 4+ years of experience in security architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services
• 4+ years of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
• 2+ years of scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C*, Perl, or other languages
• Master's in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with Security Engineering and Assurance methodologies e.g. fuzzing, static and dynamic code analysis.
• Experience with common attack patterns and exploitation techniques.
• Knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Demonstrable teamwork skills and resourcefulness
• Possess self-drive to keep moving things forward even in the face of ambiguity and imperfect knowledge (avoid "analysis paralysis")
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
• Sharp analytical abilities and proven design skills