|Category||Systems, Quality, & Security Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and must currently possess and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
The External Security Services (ESS) Praetoria team at AWS is looking for a cleared systems engineer to help enhance our suite of services for our isolated customer community. We are innovating new ways of improving features for our customers and developing deployment systems for rapid delivering of these systems to our customers.
Our team provides AWS' Intelligence Community customers with services designed around Amazon's internal security posture to improve their security experience. Our main products include:
• GuardDuty, a cloud intrusion detection service that detects unauthorized, malicious, or anomalous activity in a customer's AWS environment.
• Macie - identifies security risks in a customer's S3 and DDB configuration.
• Inspector - provides an overall assessment of the security posture of the system.
• Detective - uses log data from AWS resources to build a linked set of data that enables analysts to conduct faster and more efficient security investigations.
• Security Hub - generates a single dashboard view of current findings and recommendations from across Inspector, Macie, and GuardDuty.
One of the key concepts of the ESS service offerings is its simplicity, you just turn it on and it goes to work. These services help customers identify reconnaissance, suspicious access, stealthy discovery, attacks and changes to security critical settings.
Specifically, we are seeking a System Engineer with knowledge of operational excellence and distributed systems to extend ESS into secure Government regions. In this role, you will enjoy working on complex software systems in a customer-centric environment and be passionate not only about building good solutions but also ensuring that the same software achieves its goals in operational reality for all our customers.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences.
Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust. Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life-both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
To apply or request more information, please contact Olivia Black at email@example.com. Please note, the clearance requirement is mandatory.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent work experience
• 5+ years Linux experience and associated tools/languages
• 2+ years experience building scripts, tooling, and automation for large-scale computing environments
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of TS/SCI with Polygraph
• 3+ years of experience in 24x7 production environments
• Excellent problem solving skills with a strong attention to detail
• Ability to dive deep and understand all layers of a web services technology stack
• Knowledge of TCP/IP and networking protocols such as HTTP and DNS
• Experience with tcpdump, wireshark, or other protocol analyzers
• Experience managing large server fleets
• Experience with hardware and software load balancing technologies
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
• Ability to work closely with a mentor to expand your career with AWS
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us