|Category||Solutions Architect||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Are you an IT leader who has led successful business-IT transformation initiatives at a Global Financial Services company? Have you helped financial institutions build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical workloads to the Cloud?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Global Financial Services Professional Services group. As a CDA with a focus on Payments, you will have previous experience in the design and architecture of Payment hubs, Payment Network Connectivity, Fraud and Risk Analytics, Instant Payment/Real-time Clearing, Block Chain Networks, Settlement and Clearing systems, Statement Generation, or Digital Engagement.
With a deep understanding of your customer's business, culture, processes, and technology environment, you will guide strategic professional services engagements at your customers to success. Successful candidates will have business development, pre-sales, solutions architecture, and technical program management background, be detail driven, and have experience in managing virtual teams to deliver complex programs. You are a passionate leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries.
The CDA role is customer-facing. CDAs are members of the AWS customer account team, and travel to customer locations is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the Professional Services account manager, formulate and execute strategies to accelerate customer outcomes through AWS Professional Services engagements.
• Engage with customer business and IT executives to define and execute enterprise-level cloud transformation programs and help create compelling business cases for the transition to the Cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Lead pre-sales architectural discussions and design workshops with customers, and understand customer's technical requirements deeply.
• Lead architecture and design workstreams and guide the delivery of strategic professional services engagements.
• Develop Professional Services project proposals and SOWs, and work with Professional Services account managers to develop detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
• Guide and manage the delivery of strategic professional services engagements.
• Form strategic relationships with AWS technology and Systems Integrator partners.
• Technology leadership experience in the financial services industry, or customer-facing technical leadership roles servicing the financial services industry.
• 10+ years leading teams in infrastructure, database, data warehousing, software development, and enterprise architecture disciplines.
• 5+ years leading the implementation of enterprise-scale IT programs.
• Practical knowledge of Agile project management and software development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe.
• Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM or equivalent experience.
• Work experience in Banking, Capital Markets, Payments, Insurance, or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
• In-depth knowledge of one or more Financial Services domains such as Payment processing, Instant Payments Systems, Payments Network Connectivity, Clearing and Settlement, and Anti Financial Crime.
• Exposure to Financial Services Governance, Compliance, and Risk management requirements covering security and privacy.
• One or more certifications in Project Management or Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as SAFE, PRINCE2, or TOGAF.
• Experience leading cloud migrations and cloud-native software development for mission-critical financial services applications.
• Experience with mainframe modernization initiatives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .