|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Technical||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
At Amazon Web Services (AWS), Security is our highest priority. The AWS Security Assurance team is responsible for demonstrating the security controls of services offered by AWS. At AWS' scale, we continuously invent new ways to provide the highest level of assurance to our most security conscious customers. Are you interested in driving exceptional security for customers? Do you have a passion for cutting-edge technologies? Do you see compliance as a business enabler?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is rapidly expanding its customer base and global presence, and we are looking for a highly motivated Program Manager (PM) to join our team and help us build the audit platform of the future. The Customer Audit Program supports AWS customers' reviews of AWS security controls and evidence, demonstrating how we design, operate, maintain, and protect our infrastructure in accordance with global regulated industry standards. Our engagements include Audit Symposiums, where we have historically brought several customers together in person to perform audits in a collaborative environment. Travel and social-distancing restrictions during the current pandemic have driven us to more of a virtual audit model, and we now envision a fully virtual Digital Audit Symposium experience as the mechanism to further build scale and support our customers for years to come.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving and supporting our transition to a virtual symposium experience for our customers on a global scale. Initial efforts will focus on audit training resources for customers and Amazonians, with plans to begin supporting self-service customer audit functionality later in 2021. Additionally, you will design and execute process improvements and automation to help make symposiums more scalable and applicable to customers representing multiple business segments and regulatory compliance requirements. We seek a candidate with a demonstrated background in security program compliance, along with proven program management skills, to join our team. As the ideal candidate, you are someone who thinks big, understands the cloud audit and compliance environment, and enjoys innovating to drive program efficacy and efficiency.
If you love working across many stakeholders, including some of our largest strategic customers, to design solutions for complex compliance challenge, this roles is for you! You are passionate about the security of the cloud and you want to solve real business problems. Our team culture encourages ownership, diversity, inclusion, and innovation. You will have a high degree of ownership for your program vision, and we give you latitude to execute on your ideas. We want you to balance your unique perspective with those of the diverse perspectives of the team and its stakeholders. You will work directly with teams across AWS to improve AWS' ability to demonstrate controls assurance for regulated customers. You are comfortable balancing strategic thinking and getting things done. while sorting through ambiguously defined problems, identifying and facing big challenges and adjusting to sudden and frequent changes. This role acts as a key liaison with our most important customers, AWS service teams, infrastructure teams, AWS Security, and related Amazon corporate teams.
You will act as a leader who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. You are proactive in removing roadblocks, pave the way for innovation, and can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment. You will be a positive influencer across diverse teams, be able to effectively rally support for your initiatives and be able to drive simple, scalable solutions to meet customer and regulator expectations. You are able to handle business escalations with a data-driven approach.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following activities:
• Develop, maintain and manage the operating procedures and runbooks for all aspects of the Digital Audit Symposium program.
• Coordinate and drive program enhancements including mechanisms to improve efficiency and scalability, and actively monitor metrics to advance program effectiveness.
• Own and drive relationships with key business stakeholder(s) to understand and enhance their internal processes.
• Drive process improvement and control implementation projects through coordination with AWS teams. This includes the resolution of risk identification and the execution of projects originated from internal assessments.
• Dive deep into the AWS control environment to develop broad domain and technical understanding of AWS security activities and control implementation to articulate compliance implications to both customers and internal and external audit functions.
• Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the organization by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver.
• Implement continuous improvements to the security organization and the program management process. Share program/project process frameworks, tools, and best practices that can be adopted throughout the organization.
• Apply a working knowledge of global information security regulation and policy to articulate customer and control impact and drive alignment to AWS controls.
This role may be filled at an AWS location in New York City, Arlington VA, or Seattle WA.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life-both in and outside of work.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems Management, or other related fields
• 5+ years of program/project management experience delivering process improvement and automation projects for highly technical processes and/or for major tech companies
• 5+ years of large scale technical project management experience leading multi-organizational initiatives, and driving team accountability to achieve impactful goals
• 5+ years of experience supporting IT security and/or audit-related initiatives, or consulting in support of a highly technical environment
• 5+ years of experience designing and tracking automated metrics to measure process effectiveness and consistency
• IT audit and/or consulting experience with a Big Four (or similar) organization
• 1 or more industry-recognized project management, security, cloud, or audit professional certifications (e.g., PMP, CISA, CISM, CISSP, CCSP, AWS Cloud Security Practitioner, LEAN/Six Sigma Green or Black Belt)
• Experience working in highly regulated industries (e.g. financial services, healthcare, and energy, telecommunications), including direct work with regulatory audits
• Working knowledge of global IT regulations and supporting audit standards and frameworks (e.g., FFIEC CSF, NIST 800-53, ISO 27002, PCI DSS, SOC 1&2)
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .