|Category||Project/Program/Product Management--Non-Tech||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named the #1 most trusted company for customers. To deliver on this reputation for trust, the newly formed group within the Community Trust team is tasked with partnering with social media companies to prevent abuse on Amazon that is facilitated by social media services. This is a strategic area of investment for Amazon and the work we do is of paramount importance in preserving the trust Customers have in the Amazon brand.
We are looking for a Senior Risk Manager with strong analytical and investigative skills who will be relentless in protecting our Customers. This role involves interacting with several systems and using large data sets to identify potential risks, discovering patterns of risks, performing comprehensive investigations of potential abuse, writing reports to describe the results of the investigations and suggest scalable ways to prevent this abuse in the future. The reports and insights from the Sr. Risk Manager will be presented to senior leadership and used in negotiations with social media companies to drive implementation of corrective actions.
If you want to work with us to lead transformative, industry-wide initiatives to uphold trust in the Amazon brand, apply to join our team!
• Bachelor's degree
• 3-7 years of years of professional experience conducting risk investigations and/or analysis, enabling successful results, mitigating or substantiating threats
• High level of integrity and discretion to handle confidential information
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, which will be used to brief and provide documents on investigative findings plus training others
• Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills with a tendency to use data in decision-making and prioritization
• Experience with SQL and Microsoft Excel.
• Organized, independent, and autonomous, able to set and meet own deadlines, and prioritize work with minimal guidance.
• Experience in e-commerce / online companies in fraud / risk control functions.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.