|Category||Operations, IT, & Support Engineering||Job type||Full Time|
|Country||United States of America|
Working at Amazon is working at scale. The Foundational Services team is looking for Systems Development Engineers who can help build solutions using AWS products for network authentication and connectivity supporting devices for Amazon's Fulfillment network worldwide. The number of devices is always growing and the services supporting new types of solutions not yet invented must be built now to plan for the future. Can you build solutions that support fleets of hundreds of thousands of devices and an ever-changing list of use cases? Do you enjoy the efficiency of adapting the services in AWS as building blocks for your solutions? If so, the Foundational Services team may be right for you.
We value performance, simplicity, and scalability in our designs. As a team we actively brainstorm, analyze and discuss creative solutions to hard problems. As a Systems Development Engineer, you will collaborate with other experienced and senior engineers to drive improvements to our technology, write code to build new services that enable self-service and automatic deployment and enrollment of devices, and do so securely. Your work will help provide the ultimate customer experience needed to anticipate and resolve customer's issues. You will have the opportunity to work with business partners, leadership and other engineers, influence and drive product vision and lead the design of our systems. At Amazon, we are known for our customer obsession. We need your ideas and your ability to take initiative, innovate, and produce results as we continuously improve the customer experience.
As a Systems Development Engineer working on the Foundational Services team you will:
• Build automation to create services using AWS products and internal tools.
• Continuously strive for operational excellence by seeking to automate away manual processes.
• Participate in original creation and implementation of new functionality that helps us operate our services.
• Ensure that all systems are designed to be robust, scalable, maintainable and adaptable as the service scales and evolves over time.
• Build automation to report on the health of your products and devices and integrate with other Amazon systems
• Uphold a high standard of code quality and engineering excellence.
• 5+ years coding in Java, Ruby, Python or other DevOps oriented languages
• Understanding of Linux/UNIX, RADIUS, DHCP, TCP/IP, and deployment using AWS
• Experience with system and application monitoring, software deployment, patching ,and maintenance
• Knowledge about at least one Mobile Device Management Platform and Apple iOS and/or Android hardware including OS and firmware patching and application deployment
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
• Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
• Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
• Eager to learn, enjoy a fast paced environment
• Driven to provide the best customer experience via technology
• Vendor management experience
• Ability to drive innovation
• Python application development experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.